Today my husband surprised me and made my favorite meal of the day….breakfast! He found a recipe, improved it by making a few substitutions and adding more flavor and made it his own. He created Apple Pie Pancakes and they were yummy! They were so fluffy and full of the wonderful flavors of fall.
Apple Pie Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk You can use any milk, we prefer almond or soy.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted We like using the vegan butter, Earth Balance.
- 2 cup diced apples
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine butter, egg, milk and apple. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, spices and sugar. Stir flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides. Top with additional diced apples sprinkled with cinnamon and serve with pure maple syrup.